Our goal is to provide you with the best service possible to solve your housing needs. The rental inventory tends to be a faster paced market than property for sale. Because of the fast turnover in the rental market, our area does not have a rental MLS system to tap into for up to date information. The lack of a central database forces residents to conduct a large portion of their rental housing research themselves. Many rentals in today’s tight market are filled before the general public ever knows about them. Our goal is to provide residents with options, if desired, to find the home best suited to their needs. We welcome your inquires and hope to be able to serve your needs at whatever level of service you require.
BRONZE LEVEL SERVICE- No Charge
- We will add your contact information to the 8z Database and keep you informed of any new listings we obtain that meet your criteria.
- We will meet and show you the listings in our inventory that meet your criteria.
- We encourage you to browse our helpful tips for residents below so that you are a better informed customer.
SILVER LEVEL SERVICE- Services are offered for a flat fee of $500
In addition to services offered at the Bronze Level we also include:
- Our local expert will spend up to ½ day (morning or afternoon) familiarizing you with neighborhoods and touring homes that meet your desired criteria.
- If you are located out of town this option can be an excellent insurance policy to avoid scams.
- We will qualify any listings you may be interested in to make sure they are legitimate.
- We can also tour rental listings for you in person to take photos and try to answer on site questions such as room measurements, floor-plan layout, views, etc.
- With today’s internet scams this could be an inexpensive insurance policy to protect you when you may not able to come inspect a listing in person.
- We will also provide you with our lease and any disclosures to ensure you have the proper documents at your disposal to be in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
GOLD LEVEL SERVICE- Services are offered for a flat fee of $1,000
In addition to all of the same service offered in the Silver Service we also include:
- Our local housing expert will spend up to Full day’s worth of time totaling 8 hrs touring neighborhoods and homes that meet your criteria so that you may best assess your options.
OUR PLATINUM LEVEL SERVICE- Services are offered for 50% success fee of the monthly rent, or a minimum of $2,000 whichever is greater.
We understand that time is your most valuable asset. This is our full service offering which includes everything our other services offer as well as:
- Full Transaction Brokerage Representation - As your Transaction Broker we can handle all drafting of leases, disclosures, additional required forms ensuring that everything is kept in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Contacting our extensive network of realtors, owners, past clients, expired & withdrawn listings, recent investor sold properties, stale for sale properties and more to find you a home that fits your needs.
- We will not stop our search until we are able to provide you with several options that suit your individual needs.
When you want the details handled properly saving you both time and headache put the experts at 8z Rentals to work for you!
HELPFUL TIPS FOR RESIDENTS
- Safety First-If you are viewing a home not listed with a professional, have someone else join you.
- Let someone know where you are going and maybe have them call you to check in.
- Be wary of owners who can only be reached by email, sometimes this can be a scam.
- Always confirm ownership or owner’s representative of the property prior to paying a deposit.
- Never wire funds via Western Union, your funds can never be recovered in the event of fraud.
- Many homeowners are not aware of many of the local licensing requirements and may actually put, you the tenant, at risk.
- Ensure that the owner is in compliance with local, state, and federal housing laws.
- Ensure that the property is legally licensed if required by local ordinances.
- Inquire to make sure the owner is current on all Mortgage, HOA and other payments.
- Otherwise you as the tenant can be in for a big headache if your home goes into foreclosure.
- Make sure the owner has operable smoke and carbon monoxide detectors as required by law.
- Ensure you are in compliance with Federal EPA disclosures for Lead Based Paint if applicable.
- Beware of the sophisticated Craigslist scams that are continuously morphing and more elaborate every year. Again, be very wary of someone who you can’t speak with in person.
- Some local municipalities require interest to be paid on your deposit such as the City of Boulder, make sure you are covered in your lease.
- Please read your lease and hire an attorney if you have any questions. The lease outlines your rights for the place you will be calling home for the next year or more.
We are always here to help and welcome your inquiries.