Just because you are renting doesn’t mean you cannot have a beautiful space! There are some things you should consider doing and other things you should make sure you do not do. Striking the right balance is key to making your rental, your home.
1. Landlord Approval: Always get your landlord’s approval in writing before making any lasting changes to the property.
2. Keep It Simple: More is less most of the time! Try not to clutter the home. Triage your belongings to make sure you keep things simple and clean.
3. Accessorize: Add beautiful items that tie your furniture together. Try buying some throw pillows or purchase new curtains that work well with your furniture and other items.
4. Create Storage: Take a careful look at your possessions and the space you have. Usually you can find some small unused spaces to create additional organization. A small shelf tucked into a corner, shoe organizers in the closet, etc…
1. Do anything that changes your rental without getting written approval from your landlord.
2. Be afraid to make it your own! You can put your personal spin on the rental without changing anything that is permanent.
3. Clutter your space. A clean, de-cluttered space feels more spacious and inviting.